Wednesday 29 May 2013

TribalWars Forum: Players these days, a short story

TribalWars Forum
Community Forum for the game Tribalwars
Players these days, a short story
May 29th 2013, 22:03

I am not an old school player, I cut my teeth on w40 and have played two other worlds seriously since before this one, but I do lament the lack of application players seem to show on the later worlds I have played, and here is an example of what I mean by that

I have noted where pictures should be inserted, if that is your thing :)

<--- insert picture of lack of application here :)

Now on my first world I was fortunate enough, unlike many newer players, to end up in a top tribe. Focused on quality not quantity with many members willing to show a new player that applied themselves to the task the ins and outs of this silly game

I was also fortunate enough to be mass attacked by three seperate tribes quite early in the game, I was maybe 15-20 villages big, I lost 2-3 villages from memory but learnt a great deal about defending

<--- insert picture of man holding a spear, covered in blood with a pile of defeated opponents :)

Now I juggle tw around family and work life, unfortunately for tw but fortunately for me my job is not a 9 -5 grind, some days I could play tw for 12hrs if I wish, some I am 72hrs away from the account but that is what it is

I do know about having to abandon ship if the phone rings and as such playing solo has had it's challenges in the past but I am lucky enough on 67 to have co players whose skill far exceeds my own and are willing to cover for my unplanned AWOLs

Now we play a reasonably large account in a top 5 tribe, recently there has been a lot of tribe changes and merging in the accounts around us vying for a place in our own tribe, players that still think size is a recruitment requirement when most decent tribes rate activity, flexibility, stickability and the ability to listen and learn far above that (yes that's a hint)

Anywho to cut a short story shorter the account grew to around 600k quite quickly by 'merging' three accounts into one, failed to be recruited and was on the shortlist to be paid some attention. They then joined a tribe that lost it's marbles to recruit them given their position and as such became the focus of a local op

Upon their recruitment I mailed them to discuss ... (no names, it's not the point)


Spoiler:
Them May 20,2013 04:34
LOL, yeah a good idea would have been to stay solo and let you guys come and get me.

I am not an idiot.
I can take xxxx and xxxx, but there are too many others I would have to worry about over here on my own.

Me May 20,2013 04:42
Well I find xxxx s motives interesting especially after this post from our Duke

...

Them May 20,2013 04:48
alright, well quit trolling. xxxx knows I can fight when i put my mind to it, and as for another front I personally am not worried.

I guess YOU would have stayed as a solo player and been the tough guy!
I would not last long that way. The benefit for xxxx and me is essentially the same.

By the way, I was never a refugee, never lost one to you guys, and barely had any incoming. I am as mucha refugee as the guys you recruited from our ranks.

Me May 20,2013 05:01
I am not trolling, nor am I saying joining xxxx is the wrong decision for you in your situation, all I am saying is I find their motives strange, most tribes try and avoid having two opposing fronts hostile

For me it's not about being a "tough guy' in your position, if I had the time or the ideal co's I would find it fun to be the thorn in the side should xxx decide to attack the account properly, but as you have said, it would be a lost cause in the long run as weeks of incoming wears everyone but the fully committed down

As far as refugees go, that's an expression fully open to interpretation :)

As I said, good luck :)


Them May 20,2013 05:07
well, I asked to join you guys. We didn't lose many vills to you guys, it was poor choices by xxxx and xxxx that led to the downfall of the tribe...and not the attacks from xxxx The following leader di not do much better, and poof, I left with others, then more followed.

Mass recruited, and re-recruited tribes don't make it....it doesn't make individuals refugees. anyhow, see it as you wish. I am here for a good fight anyhow, not to farm and eat weak inactive players. If you want a front to fight as you guys simply power farm and pick easy targets then come...

Me May 20,2013 05:11
I must admit I don't pay much attention to politics etc apart from the externals, from the way you worded it are you saying xxxx and xxxx were Dukes of xxxx?

Them May 20,2013 05:17
yes, they were dukes of xxxx

Our top player was somewhat useless and just pointwhoring...rather than kick her and eat her...they quit the tribe and set another leader...then rejoined as barons....ridiculous planning, and really nubish. The surely played before, however I doubt they led before. I am not sure of their fighting skills, but xxxx tried to take one from me and I lolled myself to sleep after it.

I a playing this quietly as it is my last world, at least for a while, not sure you can quit this after 6 years i only managed 2 months so far. Anyhow, sometimes I am a prick so don't always take what you read as what i mean. I am way beyond getting upset over a little game.

Them May 20,2013 05:22
xxxx was also co-duke early on...but he got the shaft from someone unhappy about a decision and quit leadership...then when xxxx and xxxx left...I think he got wrongfully dismissed....he is a good guy. I actually liked xxxx and xxxx too until they screwed everything up...

my co will be on shortly. Cya

Them May 20,2013 16:19
so...how long do I have...and will you have a brave few, or a whole bunch of wimpy kids at once.

Them May 20,2013 19:51
Hey hey this is xxxx talking here.
We have some(many) information about different things, who is next target and stuff like that, and the reason why i say that is simple: we both know the entire situation.

Recruiting us(xxxx account) means:
1. Sparing weeks of hard fighting, means both valuable troops and time.
2. Assuring this K`s supremacy once since for all.
3. Recruiting a very good account, with top co players, 24/7 coverage, sniping abilities, 100 ms trains etc etc
4.For us, playing with some old friends:D

May be other reasons as well, but a good leader finds those very good:)

A problem for xxxx, by recruiting us, means that "food"(us), is taken away from your mouth. That s partially true. But you got to decide what do you prefer:

Attacking xxxx, maybe on the long run eating him, but with mouth "full of blood" because of fighting, or "walking" a few squares futher, to a jungle full of food? ([ally]BARB [/ally]and others)

I wait for your answer. Please respond as soon as you read it, being a "no" or a "yes". We are not desperate. We are not scared. We just want to achive perfection.

And we want your answer.


Thaks haha!:)

Us May 20,2013 19:54
I'll let xxxx answer

Them May 20,2013 19:56
Ok, do not forget answering please:)

xxxx

Us May 20,2013 19:57
He will when he gets on, I am sure

Us May 21,2013 02:14
hi what's up?

Them May 21,2013 02:25
xxxx wnats into your tribe. I told him you already turned me down.

His points are valid, about saving you a fight etc etc.
easy growth and all that. I think OP'ing us now would be a mistake nyhow, with so many other easy pickings, but if you guys are coming and won't have us then I guess there is notmuch we can do...oh, except defend our asses off as long as we can.

Anyhow, it is basically another request to get back in your tribe....I don't beg but I authorized him to write you guys.

Them May 21,2013 02:39
oh
I guess the incomings is my answer then....


As you will see I have bolded the errr relevant parts of the convo

After this they got angry and threw some insults, nothing too serious

We scouted a lot of their villas, it soon became obvious they had shifted some D around to stack but after that was cleared the defending stopped, apart from a sole mail blaming lag for missing a snipe against one of our trains

No snipes, no serious recap attempts and one lone bunch of incoming with 2-3 nukes and one train sent at our account. Stats 32-0 against them (tribe) so far

After they talked the talk they sadly they dropped their pants and ran, yet another account like so many others that 'merge' and jump all over inactives but hightail it at the first sign of trouble, poor form

<---maybe a facepalm picture here :)

Now at 600k with three co players all this account needed to either a) gain some respect and possibly the offer of a position in a tribe or b) become a thorn in the side simply to get some 'payback' was ...

Application

Try it sometime, you may find your tw experience improves

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment