Friday 1 February 2013

eGamer: Sony Set To Reveal The PlayStation 4 On February 20th…Maybe

eGamer
South African Console & Video Game News
Sony Set To Reveal The PlayStation 4 On February 20th…Maybe
Feb 1st 2013, 08:15

I was in bed this morning, about ten minutes ago in fact, causally scrolling through Facebook as per my usual morning routine. Boring status updates littered the news feed, until something caught my eye. Then it caught it again and again and again. There were at least five separate posts about a date Sony had shared to the world, inviting gamers everywhere to join them in ushering in “the future” of PlayStation. I didn’t think much of it at the time, partly due to the fact that I was still half asleep, but as soon as I reached my desktop that all changed.

Has Sony just teased the reveal date for the PlayStation 4? Yes, I think they have.

I’m not sure whether to be surprised or not. Sure, we all knew someone was going to make the first move, and with all the rumours stacking up it was bound to be soon. But I was under the impression that either Sony or Microsoft would wait until just before E3, or even announce the consoles at the event itself. February 20th is so close you can almost reach out and grab it, and it does beg an even more interesting question; when is Microsoft making their move?

It wasn’t long ago that Sony’s CEO stated that they would like to reveal their console after the competition had shown off theirs, but I highly doubt there will be anything from Microsoft in the next 20 days or so. Hell who knows anymore, Sony did just pull off this tease out of nowhere so we might be in for a rather special February indeed.

Sony has confirmed that the event will be live-streamed (it’s totally a new console, come on) on the 20th of February at around 1 AM local time. So keep the Red Bull close and your computers on, you won’t want to miss this.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment